Sunday, March 25, 2007

 

Miss Bonita is in need...


If you know me at all, you know nothing but air in my lungs comes before The Herd. In that light, today's blog will be very brief. Miss Bonita is in need.


For two years now, she has been abscess free in those ill-formed and deformed front feet of hers. This spring, her luck changed.

Resetting her front shoes will sometimes cause an abscess to come forward. For a while I thought that was the case with this occurrence. But now, this one, I think, has been the reason for the tenderness on her left front since way last summer. In all of my years and with all of the abscesses I have seen, never, ever have I seen one this huge and this invasive.

The good news? It blew open yesterday. The challenge now is to try to keep Bonita comfortable enough so that she can eat and rebuild her strength. She is weakened from the pain of the abscess and the struggle to support her huge body. And now, she is struggling with the need to keep weight off of her abscessed foot and her sore old hips. Not an easy job, even for Miss Bonita.

But I have faith in Bonita and faith in the overall goodness of intentions. She will come through this a bit thinner and a bit older, but she will prevail. And truly, I tell you, her strenghth and her stamina and her determination to live will become a legend.

Pray for her recovery, please. Pray for comfort for her struggling body. Pray for wisdom for all of us who are trying so deperately to support her. Pray for her body to use the food she takes in to heal and strengthen her.

And Big Jim? You listening to me??? You stay with her! Give her comfort and your peace. Give her strength, Jimmer!

I'll talk with all of you again, soon, when Miss Bonita is back to normal!

Enjoy the journey of each and every day,
Sandy and The Herd



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?