Sunday, October 22, 2006

 

The Fall Newsletter


Believe it or not, it's almost upon us. That "Holiday Season". My goodness, I'm sitting with an open jaw! Just how does time pass so quickly all of a sudden???

And with the onset of frost and stock tank heaters and long underwear and heavy gloves comes the task of creating and mailing the fall Refuge Farms newsletter. A formal newsletter from THE FARM is published only 2 times per year - once in the Spring (when we are all opening our windows to let that fresh air in the house!) and once in the Fall (when we are all closing and latching those windows against the winter winds!). With this year's early fall and cold snaps up here in the Northern Tundra, it has reminded me that the newsletter time is upon us. Already!

Our newsletter is 8 pages full of pictures and reminders of events and news of "Who's Who?" and updates about things like the website and new programs. It is really a fun creation to work on - I do enjoy it! This fall I think I'll resurrect the "Facts & Figures" article about daily life on Refuge Farms. I've had people ask me just how much does a round bale weigh, anyhow? How many pounds of feed does it take to do one feeding? How often do we trim hooves? Deworm the herd? Give shots? And, of course, I'll need to throw in the number of wheelbarrows created - on a daily basis - of that organic fertilizer!

If you would like to read our Spring Newsletter, just press here. Now that Vincent, our Webmaster Extraordinaire, is a part of The 'Other' Herd, we have the option of also placing the newsletters on our website. That way you can read or print them as you need...Thanks, V.

And I think you would be amazed at how many newsletters we hand out to visitors at THE FARM, or people at our Applebee's® Breakfasts, or when we work a new event, or when I do a presentation. And for each person who registers from our website to be on our mailing list, I handwrite out a newsletter and mail it to them to welcome them! These newsletters really are an important part of our visibility to the world.

So what does all this have to do with anything? And just why does it warrant a blog, anyhow?

Because this fall, Refuge Farms is seeking a sponsor or sponsors for the fall newsletter. Here's why:

Refuge Farms truly wants to publish a newsletter this fall - it's a great way to stay in touch with those who have no internet access or still prefer the written word rather than electronic word. But with the rising cost of feed, I must direct those monies needed to produce and mail the newsletter to the feed expenses of the herd. Therefore, this blog entry to ask for sponsorships of the newsletter.

Now, what's in it for you???

If you or your organization or group should decide to sponsor a portion of one expense, or one full expense, or both of the expenses, Refuge Farms will give free ad space in the newsletter PLUS we will feature you on our homepage, just like St. Croix Electric is featured as the sponsor for our Halloween at THE FARM event. Plus, I will mail to you or your organization or group a 501(c)(3) donation receipt for tax purposes. Or, if you so choose, you or your organization or group could be an anonymous sponsor, for which I will publish my appreciation in the newsletter and on the website.

There. I've done it. Now it's up to you to ponder and decide. Should you or your organization or group be so inclined to sponsor all or part of the fall Refuge Farms newsletter, please email me here or contact me at (715)772-3379. If it's more convenient for you, you could also contribute to the Refuge Farms fall newsletter through PayPal®. Be sure to indicate if your PayPal® support is to be anonymous. I look forward to developing this new relationship style of life here at THE FARM...where the MAGIC just keeps on happening! Thank you.

Enjoy the journey of each and every day,
Sandy and The Herd



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?